We are seeking an energetic, dynamic and talented part-time Assistant Property Manager to join our team and assist in managing our Auburn, CA property. The Assistant Property Manager will work in conjunction with the Property Manager to oversee the daily activities of the community including leasing, collections, resident relations, maintenance, general office administration and policy & procedure compliance. NOTE: This position is 15 hours per week and onsite living is required.
• Contribute to the development and publication of advertisements
• Consult with the Property Manager regarding the pricing and, if appropriate, discounting strategies
• Assist with the monitoring of competitive market area for patterns & trends affecting rent & occupancy
• Participate in weekly marketing meetings at site
• Assist with the monitoring of the property's physical condition
• Compile and monitor maintenance logs and maintenance staff's work efficiency
• Assist with the coordination of ongoing preventive maintenance service
• Assist in the supervision and coordination of vendors for landscape services, turnover services, etc.
• Occasionally assume the primary responsibility for the watering of lawns and locking up the pool(s) and other common areas at the end of the day
• Provide a positive and customer-centric resident relations experience
• Assist with processing of accounts receivable & payables, and move-out settlements via site-based accounting software as necessary
• Interact with management agent regarding ongoing property administration
• Administer property in accordance with management policies & state law
• Maintain clear and complete business records
• Assist with the preparation of timely reports
• Assist with providing directions, oversight and quality control-related monitoring for maintenance staff
• High School Diploma or equivalent required, A.S. degree preferred
• A minimum of 1 of year experience in a customer service related industry and 1 year of apartment leasing experience
• Must possess strong attention to detail and sales ability
• National Apartment Leasing Professional (NALP) preferred
• Fair Housing Certification, willingness to obtain prior to interacting with prospective residents
• Demonstrate an ability to support and contribute to community team
• Demonstrate strong verbal and written communication skills.
• Competence in operation of telephone, calculator, copy machine, facsimile, personal computer
• Proficiency in Microsoft Office
• Must possess a positive attitude and the ability to be positive under all circumstances
• Participate in training to comply with new or existing laws
• Ability to work a flexible schedule, including evenings and weekends
• Present a neat, clean, professional appearance at all times while working
The Company offers competitive wages, incentive bonuses, medical, dental, vision, life insurances, paid time off, paid holidays and 401k with match, etc. Benefits vary by position and hours worked.
Applicants offered positions will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process which includes criminal history and drug screen.
The Company manages over 7,000 multi-family units in Oregon, Washington, California and Idaho, and consists of affordable housing, conventional communities and historic properties. Staffed by dedicated and responsive property management and maintenance professionals, we strive to exceed expectations.
The Company affirms and actively promotes the right of all individuals to equal opportunity in employment without regard to any protected basis, including race, color, sex, national origin, age, religion, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity and gender expression or any other status or any other status protected by law.
Please reply to this posting with resume and cover letter in Word or PDF formatted document. Please include salary requirements.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers