QR Code Link to This Post
This position is responsible for cleaning and maintaining the appearance of property, vacant units and public access areas including the office and amenity rooms, cleaning apartments after move-out and preparing them for new residents. The position may also be responsible for the overall upkeep of the property landscape and exterior image. This may include cleaning of driveways, parking lots, curbs and dumpster areas, maintaining flowerbeds, plants and grass areas as well as snow removal and pool cleaning. It is also responsible for inventory of cleaning supplies and equipment. This position operates within and contributes to an environment in compliance with Fair Housing laws and Equal Employment Opportunity.
Reports to: Maintenance Supervisor, Maintenance Manager, Property Manager
Supervises: No supervisory duties.
Works with: All property staff
External relationships: Residents & outside contractors
Education: High School Diploma/GED (beneficial)
Work Experience: 1 year janitorial or housekeeping experience.
Licenses/Certifications: Not necessary; valid driver’s license may be required by property.
• Cleaning all common areas of the property, which may include the leasing office, model suites, vacant suites, laundry rooms, fitness room, community room, business center, guest suite, party room, restroom, stairwell, storage area, boiler room, maintenance shop and elevators.
• Trash pick-up in all common areas and maintenance of the compactor area.
• Check supplies and replace, as needed, in all restrooms.
• Check light bulbs around the property and replace, as needed (i.e., exit signs).
• Reset breakers, replace fuses.
• Replace smoke detectors and batteries, as needed.
• Change air filters, clean coils, clean out drain pans and condensate drain lines, as needed.
• Use a plunger or auger to open blocked drains.
• Vacuum and shampoo carpeting, as needed.
• Paint suites, as needed.
• Strip and wax floors, as needed.
• Wash windows, as needed.
• Clean and maintain pool, if applicable, including testing, operating filters and backwashing.
• Operate snow blower, shovel snow and spread salt, as needed.
• Light landscaping, as needed (i.e., weeding, watering).
• Deliver letters, flyers, newsletters, etc., to residents.
• Be available for quick response per company policy if on-call duties are required.
• Attend and participate in staff meetings as required or requested.
• Other responsibilities as assigned by Property Manager or Maintenance Manager/Supervisor.
Essential Skills and Abilities
• Communication/Language Skills – ability to comprehend safety rules and warning labels, ability to communicate with residents and staff members, ability to follow instructions.
• Coordinating Skills – ability to prioritize daily tasks and prioritize with other staff members for vacant units.
• Leadership Skills – desire to learn new things, take responsibility for tasks and train contractors, as needed.
• Manual Skills – ability to operate compactor, blower, pressure washer and carpet cleaning equipment, paint sprayer, ability to pick up trash and spread salt, as needed.
• Maintenance Skills – ability to repair equipment used on the job.
• Mathematical Skills – ability to use basic math in measuring cleaning chemicals.
Work is typically performed at the property with moderate noise level; however, noise level will vary at times depending on assignment. Walking, standing, sitting, crouching, crawling and climbing are necessary throughout the day. May be exposed to various weather conditions when working on the exterior of the property. It may be necessary to lift weights up to 50 pounds. It is essential to be safety-conscious as there is exposure to moving mechanical parts, fumes/airborne particles and risk of electrical shock.