Tricon American Homes (TAH) was founded on the understanding that a home is more than a roof over your head.
Since inception in 2012, TAH has remained committed to helping families find that perfect single-family home in a solid community with easy access to good schools as well as major job and entertainment nodes.
An industry leader in customer service, TAH maintains its high-quality homes to exacting standards. That’s why TAH is one of the fastest-growing residential real estate companies in the country, with approximately 18,000 homes in nine states: Arizona, California, Florida, Georgia, Indiana, Nevada, North Carolina, South Carolina and Texas.
Assistant Portfolio Manager (APM) will communicate with their allocated portfolio residents and ensure their experience is exceptional. APM’s will be responsible for tracking down all resident required documentation to lease a property, verify references, create potential resident packages for approval, send denial letters, send resident packages, follow up with residents on their experience, schedule property inspections, work with residents on extending their lease or coordinating resident move outs.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
New Resident Approval
• Send Welcome Package to new residents
• Follow up welcome call to new resident.
• Support potential resident in uploading all documents
• Verify application fee was received
• Processing rental applications within 1 – 2 days of submittal. All initial contacts with references need to be completed by the end of the first business day of receiving the application
• Run Rent Cafe background check (Credit/criminal/eviction) reports on potential residents and define lease terms.
• Verify rental history, length of employment and income for all applicants over the age of 18
• Prepare and send out Holding Deposit Agreements to approved applicants, and obtain tracking numbers for all holding deposit funds
• Ensure that all application approvals/denials meet both fair housing and Tricon American Homes guidelines
• Accurately prepare lease documents for review and signature by residents and PM
• Generate/send denial letters to declined applicants within 5 business days via email/mail
• Schedule move in dates between residents and Leasing Agents
• Move the resident into Yardi and ensure that the resident, lease, charge and property data information is accurately entered
• Upload all lease related resident documents to Yardi within 1 business day of receiving
• Coordinate with Housing to complete HAP/RTA packages, schedule initial inspections etc.
• Notify Utility Coordinator to turn on Utilities
• Update reports/spreadsheets regarding application status
• Clearly shows clients that their perspectives are valued
• Contact Resident and Leasing Agent to schedule routine inspection
• Verify with Portfolio Manager if resident will have their lease extended.
• Access rental values for all upcoming renewals
• Obtain Portfolio Manager’s approval and send proper lease change notices (30, 60 & 90 day notices of rent increase etc.) prior to amending any lease item when necessary.
• Define lease renewal with resident and have Portfolio Manager execute the Lease prior to lease expiration dates to minimize month-to-month contracts
• Notify Resident that their lease will or will not be extended
• Notify Utility and Turn Coordinator to turn on Utilities
• Fill out Section 8 paperwork
• Schedule Inspections
• Fulfill role of Section 8 Coordinator
• Prior property management experience required
• Excellent communication skills both written and verbal
• Basic accounting and math skills
• Initiate collaboration with others
• Knowledge of Yardi preferred
• High school diploma or GED
• Minimum of two years prior residential management or multi-family experience
• Demonstrated attention to detail
• Basic financial acumen
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers