favorite this postEmergency Response Network Technician (Paso Robles)hide this posting
compensation: 250 - 400 / day employment type: part-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Emergency Response Network Technicians near Sacramento, CA or Paso Robles, CA
Displayed Geographics Inc. (DG), www.displayedgeographics.com, provides rapidly deployable, bumper-pull, self-contained infrastructure to provide the space and equipment for Geographic Information System (GIS) work and map production. DG offers two GIS support trailers for fire, oil spill or hurricane response and is registered with the CA, TX, and AZ Comptrollers.
Our primary business is supporting CAL FIRE. THERE ARE NO GUARANTEES YOU WILL BE CALLED, but if you are called, you must be willing to deploy anywhere in California and spend weeks overnight at Incident Camps. The ideal candidates will live with two hours of either Sacramento or Paso Robles. Pay is good, meals, accommodations, and transportation are provided. Outside of the on-call period, there may be additional Emergency Service work possibly outside of CA; availability to be negotiated. Subcontractors will be considered.
• Towing trailers equipped with networking equipment and computers, generators and supplies to incident locations and setting up the mobile trailer in preparation for use by the first responders.
• Daily equipment maintenance including generators and printers.
• Daily trailer cleaning
• Troubleshooting printers, networks, internet - to include Cradlepoint and ViaSat.
• Repair equipment as necessary
• Driving to pick up supplies
• Breakdown and moving equipment at the end of an incident.
• Seven days a week for up to three weeks at a time.
• Outdoor working conditions in CA which vary from extremely hot to near freezing - though most of the time will be spent in climate-controlled environments
• Hours and work load vary each day, but daily rate remains the same.
• Valid Driver's License
• Knowledge of towing is required
• Experience and knowledge of networks is a must; however, qualifications will be determined during the personnel interview. NO degree is required.
• Must be able to lift 50 lbs
• Knowledge of Window and MS Office
• RF experience (satellite), Knowledge of ESRI ArcMap software, and GIS experience would be a bonus but not required.
• Knowledge of the Incident Command Structure, Epson plotters, Supermicro Servers and Cisco hardware is a plus.
• Must be willing to deploy anywhere in California and spend weeks overnight at Incident Camps.
• Must be available for two days of (paid) training in late May
• Must be available on 2 hour notice from June 1st to December 1st. Availability outside this time to be negotiated.
• Capable of working independently and in conjunction with senior ranking First Responders.
• Self driven and the ability to handle stress and take direction from our customers under intense deadlines is a must.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers