compensation: DOE employment type: employee's choice
QR Code Link to This Post
Are you a Senior Network Engineer / Consultant? Nims & Associates is offering an exciting opportunity in Reno, Nevada for a seasoned, senior level IT Infrastructure professional to work with our existing business clients and new opportunities. A good candidate should have 10+ years of business related Windows and Cloud consulting experience and have extensive experience with Office365, AWS, Azure, VMWare, MS Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, HP and Cisco routers and firewalls. Experience with Manufacturing Line automation, Realtime Monitoring, Enterprise Wi-Fi, Fiber Networking, SharePoint, and Linux a plus.
As a consultant you will be responsible for executing successful IT deployments and fostering strong client relationships.
The position calls for strong project management skills, seasoned client management and communication skills, and demonstrated knowledge of enterprise-wide IT implementations. Experience working within the manufacturing, warehouse and distribution industries is highly desired.
The rewards of joining Nims & Associates are great in both practical and personal terms. You will be joining a solid company with over 30 years of history and stability. The average tenure of a Nims associate is over ten years.
You will be a senior engineer in a 30-person company focused entirely on client satisfaction. Founded in 1985, Nims & Associates is a full-service information technology firm serving four metro areas, 30+ associates and over 1,500 clients, many with national operations. As consultants, we sell no computer hardware. Our job is to make our clients IT and ERP systems run better, and we must win their business with every interaction.
Our clients have between 5 and 500 employees. They want an IT partner that will treat them with respect. They want the job done right, on time and on budget, by someone they trust. That's us. That's Nims & Associates. If you take pride and personal responsibility for your work, we want to know you.
Nims & Associates is unique in that we offer comprehensive support tailored to the needs of small and medium businesses. We do this by assigning a support team custom tailored to each client's IT strengths and weaknesses. As a team member, the client develops a relationship with you and contacts you directly. We never forget that computers and software are less important than the people and businesses that use them.
After 30 years in business, two things haven't changed -
- We specialize in working with small and medium businesses that have between 1 and 500 employees.
- We provide the best IT support services in the business. Our growth has come almost exclusively from client referrals.
• Work with clients to determine need and recommend IT solutions to meet business objectives
• Prepare detailed hardware and labor estimates, timelines and budgets for projects
• Communicate value-add and benefits of IT projects
• Hands-on implementation of hardware, software and user support
• Execution of project plans within time and budget constraints \
• Integration of IT solutions into client business processes
• Reactive user hardware and support as needed
• Assist in the development of new IT initiatives to meet business requirements
• Foster and grow client relationships through product adoption and revenue growth
• Provide additional operational support to clients as needed and identify business development opportunities and assist with new product implementation
• Long-term, stable organization
• Flexible work hours / assignments
• Work from home office when not on-site
• Three weeks PTO (employees)
• Full Medical / Dental plan (employees)
• 401k Participation (employees)
• Bonuses based on performance / billings (employees)
• Ten-plus years of Windows and Cloud experience in a business environment
• Experience supporting and training users in PC/Mac/Network environments
• Seven-plus years of experience interacting with users while managing IT projects and support for line of business software
• Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Business, Computer Science or related field, or equivalent experience
• Experience working in accounting, manufacturing, warehouse and distribution industries is highly desired.
• Extensive experience with Office365, AWS, Azure, VMWare, MS Windows Server, Active Directory, Exchange, HP and Cisco routers and firewalls.
Other Desired Skills -
• SharePoint, XenServer, and Linux experience a plus
• Manufacturing Line automation experience
• Realtime monitoring
• Enterprise Wi-Fi
• Fiber Networking
• Advanced Excel skills
• SQL experience
Additional Requirements -
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to manage multiple priorities in a deadline-driven environment
• Strong organizational skills
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Must be able to travel to client sites locally and nationally as needed.
Subcontract and Employee positions open.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers