QR Code Link to This Post
ERM is seeking a motivated Environmental Health & Safety Specialist to
join our consulting firm in Sacramento, CA. The successful candidate will
work on a variety of technically challenging projects for clients, with
increasing responsibility for task/project management duties. This is an
excellent career opportunity to work with an expert consulting team on
challenging environmental compliance projects for large industrial and
global clients. As part of this role, the selected candidate will have
access to ERM's national experts and knowledge sharing of best practices
across the industry.
· Review, evaluate, and analyze work environments and design programs and
procedures to control, eliminate, and prevent disease or injury caused by
chemical, physical, and biological agents or ergonomic factors.
· Perform health and safety compliance assessments at facilities across the
United States and implement follow-up corrective actions to ensure
compliance with federal, state, and local regulations.
· Provide technical assistance on H&S compliance, H&S management
systems, and training projects.
· Prepare programs, procedures, and reports related to OSHA requirements
under state and federal programs.
· Support the development of EHS compliance and management system programs.
· Provide on-site health & safety compliance and/or industrial hygiene
support at client facilities.
· Perform multiple, concurrent projects within scope/budget/schedule
expectations and ensure quality standards on project deliverables.
· Support ERM Partners-in-Charge and Project Managers to effectively manage
portfolios of projects.
· Communicate directly with clients, ERM employees, and subcontractors.
· Manage project teams and subcontractors.
· Bachelor's degree in Industrial Hygiene, Occupational Health and Safety,
or related discipline. Masters a plus.
· 2 to 6 years of relevant experience or professional internships.
· Previous health & safety compliance experience preferred.
· Willingness to travel. Role includes up to 50% travel.
· Excellent written and verbal communication skills, with experience
delivering presentations as well as writing comprehensive technical reports
· Strong MS Office computer skills; advanced understanding of PowerPoint,
Excel, and Word desired.
· Valid driver's license and good driving record.
· Ability to succeed in a fast-paced consulting environment, handling
multiple project assignments, meeting strict deadlines, and traveling to
client facilities as needed.
Please submit your resume and brief cover letter using the link provided.
Qualified candidates will be contacted by email, and requested to complete
a pre-interview OR Video questionnaire. Based on review of these responses,
shortlisted candidates will be invited for interviews. Thank you for your
interest in ERM!
Environmental Resources Management (ERM) is a leading global provider of
environmental, health, safety, risk, social consulting services and
sustainability related services. We have more than 160 offices in over 40
countries and territories employing more than 4,500 people who work on
projects around the world. ERM is committed to providing a service that is
consistent, professional and of the highest quality to create value for our
clients. We have worked with many of the Global Fortune 500 companies
delivering innovative solutions for business and selected government
clients helping them understand and manage the sustainability challenges
that the world is increasingly facing.
For over 40 years we have been working with clients around the world and in
diverse industry sectors to help them to understand and manage their
environmental, health, safety, risk and social impacts. The key sectors we
serve include Oil & Gas, Mining, Power, and Manufacturing, Chemical and
Pharmaceutical. All face critical sustainability challenges and our clients
in these and many other areas rely on our ability to assist them operate
more sustainably which has a positive impact on our planet.
Our people are outstanding, our workplace is energized! And we continuously
strive to be the preferred place for environmental and other professionals
to build meaningful and rewarding careers.
ERM is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive
consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color,
national origin, sex, age, status as a protected veteran, or status as a
qualified individual with disability.
ERM does not accept recruiting agency resumes. Please do not forward
resumes to our jobs alias, ERM employees or any other company location. ERM
is not responsible for any fees related to unsolicited resumes.