CEI is a premier analytical water laboratory and engineering firm that partners with clients across many different industries, to help aid in their environmental requirements and compliance.
We are currently seeking an Environmental Technician for our laboratory located in Grass Valley, CA. The ideal candidate will have laboratory experience in water, as well as experience working within strict procedures and guidelines. Company vehicle will be provided. This is a full-time position that offers competitive pay and medical benefits
Working under the direction of the laboratory Director, the Laboratory Technician supports the overall operation of the laboratory. The entry level prep position includes handling sample materials including solids, water, sample preparation, glassware washing, basic analysis, and follow our rigorous quality control process.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES & ACCOUNTABILITIES:
Ideal candidates should possess the following skills:
• Strong attention to detail
• Proficiency with data entry and computer applications
• Ability to work in a fast paced environment
• Basic understanding of Laboratory techniques
• The ability to follow Standard Operating Procedures
• Perform basic analysis, pertinent to proper sample protocol, such as pH, Temperature, and other basic metered equipment analysis.
• Perform sample preparation for Senior Analysts
• Ensure legal documentation is complete and accurate (i.e.; Chain of Custody Forms).
• Maintain accurate logs, records and other documentation as required.
• Ensure samples are appropriate labeled and assist with sample log-in efforts.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
• Ability to follow written and verbal instruction.
• Above average attention to detail.
• Good verbal communication skills.
• Clean driving record.
Additional benefits: Experience in BOD, Solids, Inorganic, and Bacteriological analysis.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers