favorite this postArmed Security Officer (Dedicated/Patrol) (Sacramento, CA)hide this posting
compensation: $14.00 - $16.00 per hour (cumulative) employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
SACRAMENTO PROTECTIVE SERVICE, LLC
Armed Security Officer (Dedicated/Patrol)
Final Filing Date: UNTIL FILLED
Starting Pay: $14.00/hour - $15.00/hour (cumulative) based on experience
After Probation: $15.00/hour - $16.00/hour (cumulative) based on experience
Providing security services far beyond "industry standard"
Sacramento Protective Services, LLC (PPO #15568) is a progressive, Sacramento-based private security firm that is dedicated to providing the highest level of proactive security services to ensure the safety and security of our clients throughout the greater Sacramento area.
By acting through a proactive stance, SPS strives to prevent criminal activity on our clients' properties before it occurs, instead of merely observing and reporting criminal activity once it has already occurred. To accomplish this goal, SPS employs the Community-Oriented Policing, or "COP's" strategy, that is utilized by hundreds of law enforcement agencies nation-wide.
SPS strives to employ only the highest level of Security Officers in the industry; Officers who have "real-world" experience and possess the knowledge and training to "observe and act" rather than merely "observe and report." SPS Officers become active members of the communities in which they patrol and through the implementation of the COP's philosophy, SPS is determined to bridge the gap between law enforcement and private security for the betterment of the community
SPS SECURITY OFFICER
It is the goal of SPS to employ only the highest level of Security Officers in the private security industry. To ensure that SPS hires only the highest level of Security Officers, our starting salary is up to 50% higher then the current industry mean for Armed Security Officers. This allows SPS to have a greater applicant base for the selection of prospective employees. All candidates for employment must possess the following licensing and training requirements as outlined by the California Bureau of Security and Investigative Services (BSIS):
- A High School Diploma or a General Education Degree (GED) certificate (although a college degree and/or other technical training is highly desired)
- A valid BSIS Guard Registration License and Certificate of Completion of BSIS 40-hour guard licensing course
- A valid BSIS Exposed Firearms License and demonstrate proficiency in the safe handling and use of firearms.
- A BSIS Baton License and demonstrate proficiency in the proper use of approved baton techniques.
- Certification in the use tear gas/chemical agents and demonstrate knowledge in the proper use and handling of chemical agents.
- A minimum of two (2) years experience in the military, law enforcement and/or private security field, with a minimum of one (1) year of full-time experience working in the public and/or private housing sectors.
In addition to the above required training and licensing requirements as prescribed by law, SPS requires that all Patrol Officers possess or obtain the following certifications within the first 90-days of employment:
- A POST Reserve Level III (PC 832) certification in arrest, search and seizure and firearms safety from a training academy approved by the Peace Officers Standards and Training (POST) commission. (While POST Reserve Level III is the minimum requirement for SPS Patrol Officers, completion of a full POST Basic Academy or a POST Reserve Academy is highly sought in all of our incoming employees.)
- Certification in the use electro-muscular devices (TASER) and demonstrate knowledge in the proper carrying and use of the air Taser.
- A current certificate in adult and pediatric First Aid/CPR and demonstrate knowledge in standard first aid and CPR techniques.
In addition to the training and licensing requirements, all prospective candidates must successfully clear the following pre-employment tests and checks:
- Oral Board Interview
- State/Federal criminal history check (no felony convictions)
- DMV records check (no violations in the previous 3 years
- Prior employment reference check
- Consumer credit check
- Random drug screening
SPS Officers work within a dynamic and rewarding environment in a team based atmosphere. In addition, employees receive the following benefits after the completion of orientation and probation:
- 3/4 12-hour split schedule between 6pm-6am (7 shifts every 2 weeks)
- Industry-leading pay structure (up to $16.00/hour after probation)
- Annual performance-based pay raise
- Up to 14 paid holidays per year (based on employee work schedule)
- Paid employee sick leave (up to 24 hours per year)
- Upward mobility within the company
- Company-sponsored medical benefits (after completion of probationary period)
- 401(k) Retirement savings program with up to 4% employer match (after completion of probationary period)
Any applicant who accepts a conditional job offer for this position confirms their understanding that you are available to work ANY shift on ANY day of the week with no scheduling concerns or restrictions; SPS will not provide special scheduling consideration for any probationary employee.
If you hold ALL of the required qualifications, and have the desire and ability to work within a proactive enforcement environment, please email a detailed resume, including all related security and law enforcement training & experience and listing all BSIS licenses & certificates. (no telephone calls). APPLICANTS WHO DO NOT MEET ALL OF THE LICENSING AND EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS WILL NOT BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION.
SPS will be conducting employment interviews in the near future. Only the most qualified candidates will be selected to participate in the oral interview process. Candidates who possess a POST Basic Academy Certificate or a POST Reserve Academy Certificate are HIGHLY encouraged to apply (possession of a POST Academy Certificate may be used in lieu of the required training/experience listed above)
SPS is an equal opportunity employer, encouraging all qualified persons, regardless of age, color, race, creed, religion, gender, or sexual orientation, to apply.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers