The Security and Safety officer directly reports to the Account Manager for the maintenance and enhancement of the security program for a Health Insurance Company located in El Dorado Hills, Rancho Cordova and Lodi Ca.
The Security and safety officer is expected to align, improve, and maintain a working relationship with both the client and its employees. The ideal candidate must develop a professional security staff, coordinate support services, effectively support on site security staff, and meet and exceed the operational goals of the client. The Security and Safety officer's performance will be evaluated based on, but not limited to staff development, contract compliance, use of site security systems (access control and CCTV), quality customer service, training standards, and maintaining optimum operational practices.
Develop a professional security staff through training.
· Use Access Control System for monitoring and edit access to onsite building for customer.
· Create physical access badges for employee population including contractors.
· Provide access to employees and/or contractors requiring access to sensitive areas of the site.
· Effectively operate and monitor CCTV system including possible remote sites
· Populate, review, and close physical incident reports reported by security team.
· Develop / maintain site-specific emergency plans, which are available for use by the security staff.
· Perform account audits and inspections, determine corrective action, implement solution and follow up.
· Meet regularly with the proprietary security team providing security and technical expertise and solutions.
· Provide an on-going method of communication with staff, such as emergencies
· Address employee concerns in a timely and professional manner.
High School graduate (or equivalent), some college preferred, + 3 years business/security experience
Pass Criminal Background and Drug Screening
Valid Driver's license, with at least three years verifiable driving history
Valid State License (Guard Card)
Computer Proficient with PC Applications (Microsoft Office Suite)
Flexible work schedule may include working nights, weekends, and holidays
Good-to-excellent verbal and written skills
Motivated, able to work well both independently and part of a team
People leading experience
Ability to use defensive maneuvers/techniques to defend self/others if needed
Conflict resolution skills, ability to deal with difficult people/situations and remain Professional
- Training and on-the-job experience
- Competitive wages
- Direct Deposit and pay card available
- Flexible schedules (Full, Part, and Weekend shifts available)
- Eligible to participate in Employer sponsored benefit package
- Career advancement
- Time and Event related monetary awards