Cedar Grove Composting is a local, family-owned business with deep roots in the Seattle area dating back to 1938. Cedar Grove plays a critical role in the Puget Sound’s recycling infrastructure and sustainability efforts, diverting more than 350,000 tons of yard waste and food scraps from landfills annually. With two processing facilities in Maple Valley, WA and Everett, WA. Cedar Grove is a local manufacturer providing green jobs in King and Snohomish Counties of Washington State. In 2020 Cedar Grove is looking to continue to expand our bag sales to the state of California and Nevada. Cedar Grove produces wholesome, nutrient-rich compost that is sold to businesses, governments and residents, ensuring consumers have access to locally produced, recycled products.
Cedar Grove is hiring a Bagged Goods Sales & Merchandiser to support the Northern California region. You will help to maintain the current client base and work to build new relationships. Our ideal candidate will have an ambitious work ethic with regards to sales and account management as well as an interest in the composting and landscape industry. You will have the flexibility to hit goals on your own terms; no stressful micromanaging and all the support you need to succeed. Passion for environmental responsibility is a must; our product not only contributes to the local economy but helps amend and maintain the quality of soil in the region keeping 200,000+ tons of material out of the landfill annually.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Must have own reliable vehicle for transportation purposes. Mileage reimbursement is included
• Work directly with the Bagged Goods Sales Manager to maintain current.accounts, expand client base and identify new sales opportunities.
• Do daily store demos and information sharing sessions
• Input visits and activities into Salesforce for future tracking
• Establish and maintain a high level of customer satisfaction with existing and new customer accounts.
• Effectively communicate between sales manager, production team and delivery dispatch to handle customer needs and resolve issues/complaints
• Assist in developing marketing campaigns
• Keeping detailed work logs in Salesforce
• New Prospects
• Status of campaigns
• Progress and strategy for business expansion
• Won/Lost customers etc.
• Attend sales meetings
• Ability to build strong relationships, negotiate and think strategically
• Positive attitude, ability to successfully multi-task and independently motivated
• Working knowledge of standard office programs and ability to learn and leverage industry specific technology on desktop and mobile platforms
• Commitment to the sale, the team, and the company
• Flexibility and adaptability to changing market conditions and business needs
• Driver’s license valid for California and Nevada and clean record
• High School Diploma or GED equivalent
• Four Year Degree (Preferred)
To successfully perform the essential duties of this position, an individual must be able to sit for more than 4 hours per day, answer and talk on telephone, email, and work with computer system up to 4 hours per day and drive a motor vehicle. On occasion lift and carry objects up to 30 pounds. Reasonable accommodations may be made to assist individuals with disabilities to perform essential job functions.
Limitations and Disclaimer:
The above job description is meant to describe the general nature and level of work performed; it is not intended as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and required skills for the position. Employees will be required to follow any other job-related instructions and to perform other duties requested by their supervisor in compliance with Federal and State Laws. Requirements are representative of minimum levels of knowledge, skills and/or abilities necessary to perform each duty proficiently. Continued employment remains on an “at-will” basis. Cedar Grove is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law.
Cedar Grove Composting, Inc.'s offices are non-smoking and Drug and Alcohol Free Workplaces. Cedar Grove Composting, Inc. is an equal opportunity employer. Applicants must pass a drug test and background check prior to being hired. All active employees are subject to random drug testing.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers