compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Syar Industries, Inc./Syar Concrete LLC is one of northern California's leading producers and suppliers of high quality aggregate rock products, asphaltic paving materials and ready mix concrete. With its headquarters in Napa, Syar serves the construction industry from strategically located facilities in ten counties.
• Design, develop, analyze, code, configure, test, debug, maintain and refine business applications to fit customer requirements for moderately complex projects.
• Plan all phases of assigned projects with limited supervision or support one or more components of moderately complex projects with direction from more experienced analysts.
• Integrate software components and 3rd party programs.
• Solid understanding of relational databases.
• Assists with the development and implementation of integration specifications and standards.
• Advise internal customers on project timelines for all phases of technical design projects. Function as technical resource on appropriate projects throughout the project lifecycle.
• Recommend improvements to business processes as supported by application systems.
• Collect information to analyze and evaluate existing or proposed application designs.
• Prepare technical specifications from which solutions will be developed, configured or integrated with assistance from more experienced analysts.
• Convert technical specifications into code using proprietary and non-proprietary tools.
• Write high quality source code utilizing structured programming techniques to support application components and the development of applications.
• Write custom reports as needed
• Support the transfer of software from test environment to production environment.
• Provide system administration support and day-to-day troubleshooting for custom application systems.
• Provide support for application systems and business processes.
• Support the development of end-user training materials.
• Other duties as may be assigned from time to time by the IT Director
• Engage in Technical continuing education
The hours of work for this position are usually from 8:00 a.m. to 5:00 p.m., Monday through Friday. This is an exempt position.
• Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field. In lieu of a degree, six (6) years' directly related experience will be considered.
• Two (2) years' related experience.
• Relevant developer certification(s) preferred.
• Knowledge of SOA, C#, TSQL and scripting languages
• Knowledge of HTTP, HTTPS, SOAP, REST, XML and JSON.
• Knowledge of synchronous, asynchronous messaging patterns.
• Skills in technical and configuration problem solving.
• Knowledge of development tools.
• Knowledge of software design and programming principles.
• Knowledge of Software Development Lifecycles.
• Knowledge of development practices - tools, common components and program documentation.
• Ability to identify potential tie-ins with other systems and platforms
• Analytical skills; ability to solve a range of straightforward problems, analyzes possible solutions using standard procedures.
• Data management skills; ability to audit, format, model and analyze large data sets.
• Ability to distill data and analysis into high-level reports and summaries.
• Ability to apply principles of logical thinking to define problems, collect data, establish facts and draw conclusions.
• Ability to develop application solutions for operational problems.
• Ability to write technical instructions in the use of programs and/or program modifications.
• Ability to plan, implement, test and troubleshoot custom and support 3rd party software.
• Strong oral and written communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels of the organization.
• Ability to communicate technical guidance and instruction to users on the use of systems and/or applications.
• Ability to effectively handle pressures and demands of deadlines and competing priorities.
• Ability to handle confidential information and material with the highest degree of professional responsibility.
• Proficient use of Microsoft Office Suite.
◦Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
◦Paid Vacation, Sick Time and Holidays
◦Company Sponsored 401k
◦Employee Assistance Program
◦Company Provided Life Insurance
◦Long Term Disability
◦Flexible Spending Accounts