Email and personal productivity software are a never ending stream of exciting, customer-life-changing challenges. We’re looking for veteran engineers who want to use knowledge gleaned from years of working in software development teams to help us overcome them!
We have apps that millions of customers use every day (and pay for), and the infrastructure to support them efficiently and reliably at a reasonable cost. Our technology choices prioritize solving real user problems - when possible, we try to minimize complicated architecture and dependencies, but when it was necessary we built a proprietary hybrid machine learning architecture.
We need your judgment and experience to help us shave months of development time off critical projects, help us keep the servers alive a few extra nights a year, and share that judgment and experience across our engineering team.
You can differentiate between when new platforms, frameworks, and design patterns solve real problems and when they’re just shiny objects, and even more importantly, know how to communicate that knowledge to everyone who needs to know it. You’re comfortable expressing your thoughts clearly in writing. You’re collaborative and enjoy teaching people what you know, but also are receptive and open when someone else is in a position to teach you.
In return, you’ll work in an environment that welcomes responsibility, where your work will help millions of people focus on the most rewarding parts of their jobs, and as part of a friendly, fun, elite team.
* 5+ years of full-time experience professionally developing software as part of an engineering team, with a computer science or engineering degree from an accredited university
* OR 7+ years of full-time experience professionally developing software as part of an engineering team.
* Deep knowledge of one of the technologies we use at Boomerang (see above)
* An interest in productivity software
To apply, please send the following to email@example.com:
* Your resume
* A link to your Github (if available)
* A cover letter that includes a paragraph about why you’re excited about what we do
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers