favorite this postSoftware Engineerhide this posting
compensation: DOE employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Alta Vista Solutions (AVS) is a client-centered firm focused on effectively and efficiently solving today's engineering challenges to keep projects moving forward. Recognized in our industry for providing innovative, realistic, and practical solutions, AVS has helped owners deliver some of the world's largest and most challenging infrastructure projects. Our team of approachable experts and meticulous technicians work diligently to advance projects without compromising quality.
The ideal candidate will develop information systems by designing, developing and installing software solutions. This position requires the ability to work closely with clients throughout the entire development cycle, design, implementation, deployment and maintenance of software. Good communication skills are a must.
This is a Full Time position and it is located in Sacramento, CA. Some travel may be required.
• Determines operational feasibility by evaluating analysis, problem definition, requirements, solution development, and proposed solutions.
• Documents and demonstrates solutions by developing documentation, flowcharts, layouts, diagrams, charts, code comments and clear code.
• Prepares and installs solutions by determining and designing system specifications, standards, and programming.
• Improves operations by conducting systems analysis; recommending changes in policies and procedures.
• Obtains and licenses software by obtaining required information from vendors; recommending purchases; testing and approving products.
• Updates job knowledge by studying state-of-the-art development tools, programming techniques, and computing equipment; participating in educational opportunities; reading professional publications; maintaining personal networks; participating in professional organizations.
• Protects operations by keeping information confidential.
• Provides information by collecting, analyzing, and summarizing development and service issues.
• Accomplishes engineering and organization mission by completing related results as needed.
• Develops software solutions by studying information needs; conferring with users; studying systems flow, data usage, and work processes; investigating problem areas; following the software development lifecycle.
Skills & Abilities:
• Experience with C/C++, and VB/VBA
• Knowledge about web-based application security
• Knowledge about version control systems
• Experience with CI/CD tools, such as Jenkins
• Experience with dealing with browser compatibility issues, database performance tuning
• Experience with XML/XSLT and Yii2 framework is a plus
• Experience and knowledge about graphical user Interface design
• Experience with using project management tools, such as Microsoft Project
• Experience with using and/or administrating Jira and Confluence
• Experience with Scrum methodology
• Experience with server configuration is a plus
• Strong problem-solving, excellent analytical, interpersonal and communication skills
• Strong organizational skills, including an ability to prioritize activities and work with limited supervision
• Excellent effective written, interpersonal and communication skills with the ability to work as part of a team involving staff, clients and outside agencies
• Incredibly detail minded
• Results oriented and able to complete tasks on deadline with little supervision
• Ability to make good decisions using sound, professional judgment
• Able to read, analyze, and interpret common technical data and industry documents
• Able to effectively present information to executive management, staff, and other outside agencies, as needed
• Able to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions
• Ability to present facts to various staff members for departmental response
• Able to deal with a variety of information presented in oral or written formats
• M.S. in Computer Science
• B.S. in Computer Science, Minor in Civil Engineering preferred
• 3-5 years professional experience
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.