Are you computer savvy and possess good judgement? ReferralExchange is now hiring for this unique position in Tech Support.
Become a valued part of our friendly team during our rapid expansion.
What part will you play
Our Desktop Support Specialist will be responsible for ensuring smooth day-to-day office and operations of the Servicing and Sales office in Sacramento. The Desktop Support Specialist provides technical support to our Natomas and Rancho Cordova office to improve the efficiency of the operations. This position requires the ability to work with effective organizational skills as well as the ability to successfully execute multiple project responsibilities.
Also we will be launching a new location in about a month and are looking for that professional who can help with getting that new office technically up and running.
What we expect from you
- Strong computer skills in order to operate effectively with company systems and programs.
- Tech savvy and always looking to expand their knowledge
- On-call availability
- Effective communication, both orally and in writing.
- Ability to prioritize workload and consistently meet deadlines.
- Ability to maintain solid user relationships is a key responsibility.
- Effective time management, planning, organizational, and follow-up skills.
- Ability to use independent judgment and make sound decisions.
- Ability to use own vehicle for transportation between offices.
- Perform first-line support for service interruptions such as phone quality issues, printing issues, and connectivity issues.
- Quickly identify issues and ensure quick resolution with correction or escalation.
- Work closely with IT consultant on server and networking issues.
- Provide in-person and remote support and troubleshooting for our offices.
- Configure, install, upgrade, and modify workstations and/or peripheral equipment as needed.
- Audit and track hardware inventory to ensure offices are well-stocked.
- Assist in the procurement process for workstation supplies and equipment.
- Act as a liaison between various third-party vendors in both daily operational tickets and emergency situations.
- Track, identify and classify reported issues and compose bug reports.
- Create and maintain user login identification information in a variety of applications.
- Preserve the confidentiality of information related to the organization and product team. Assist with confidential and/or sensitive matters, provide explanation and support as needed.
- Experience configuring and managing switches and routers.
- Experience with Google Apps suite (Gmail, Drive - Sheets, Docs, etc.) or related databases.
- Experience with Chrome OS is preferred.
- Experience with MySQL databases is a plus.
- Associate's degree plus two years of relevant education and experience
- Loyalty and commitment must be evident on your resume
What we offer
- A very competitive starting salary plus a yearly discretionary bonus
- Starting salary range: 40,000 to 45,000 a year
- 401(k) plan with company matching contributions
- Medical, Dental, Vision and Insurance benefits
- Warm, fun, welcoming and startup like work environment
- Great events, like our Holiday parties in downtown SF (hotel rooms provided!) and Summer Picnic (including plenty of food and drinks of course)
ReferralExchange for the second year in a row is a finalist of Sacramento's Best Places to Work. We are a fast growing San Francisco tech firm with a large presence here in Sacramento. We connect residential home buyers and sellers with one of our 23,000 top-performing real estate agents, covering every zipcode in the United States. Our members exchange leads when they have business that they can't support. We create a win-win situation where real estate agents get paid part of the closing cost, just by providing a successful referral.
We have a commercial mindset and a focus on revenue generating opportunities, but understand the importance of leveraging high quality tech and data science in the service of these goals and are willing to invest the time and energy required to get first-class results.