The IT Support Technician is responsible for handling first and second level support of service requests relating to workstations, servers, printers, networks, and vendor specific hardware and software for local Managed Service Provider.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities:
• Respond to service requests and work to resolution for clients
• Configure and deploy systems and software
• Perform maintenance and administrative tasks
• Maintain related documentation
• Accurately track time
• Participate in project work as needed
• Perform onsite work at customer locations as needed
Experience and Skills:
• 3-5 years troubleshooting and administration of Windows PC's and server hardware and Operating Systems, Microsoft Office, Active Directory, Group Policy, virtualization technologies (Microsoft Hyper-V, ESXi), Exchange, common backup technologies, network printing and faxing, and other common applications. Knowledge of networking and network connectivity, VPN's and WiFi.
• Experience with ConnectWise, Continuum, Office 365, SonicWall, Sophos, StorageCraft, VoIP, and previous MSP experience highly preferred.
• PowerShell Scripting experience a plus.
• Apple OSX experience preferred.
• Strong customer service, written and verbal communication skills.
• Must be an excellent team player who can also work independently, who can plan, organize and communicate effectively through phone, email, or in person.
• Position requires the ability to lift up to 50 pounds, maneuver under desks, and be able to cable new workstation arrangements/setups.
• Driver's license and appropriate insurance required. The position will be based in Fair Oaks, CA and will require travel to its surrounding areas.
• Willingness to participate in an on-call program.
• High School or equivalent education required.