SEFNCO Communications is currently recruiting for a Network Administrator to support our Sacramento, CA facility!
Operating from multiple locations, SEFNCO Communications has the ability to provide single source engineering, construction, and management solutions that meet the growing needs of phone, broadband, cable and cellular companies throughout the Western United States. Our expertise has positioned us to support local, State, and Federal agencies, including military installations. It is the same fundamentals that founded the company that drives SEFNCO today! SEFNCO Communications is committed to providing the highest level of quality service to our customers and the communities we live in.
Under minimal supervision, the Network Administrator provides support for IT infrastructure including servers, operating systems, databases, networking, firewalls, switches, routers, and web applications. Clearly, communicate technical solutions in a user-friendly/non-technical manner. Provide training to less experienced staff. Assist Helpdesk Tech I and II, as needed. Contact and coordinate support from third-party vendors, as needed.
• Monitor, support, and troubleshoot the IT infrastructure for operating issues involving failures, degradation and event correlation using various software and hardware monitoring tools.
• Work with internal and external clients via phone and email to resolve problems
• Perform advanced troubleshooting and problem resolution for all types of IT infrastructure as assigned - hardware, software, telecommunications, business application, customer connectivity, LAN, WAN, and others
• Triage the most complex problems, taking corrective action to ensure availability and minimize downtime
• Function as a technical resource answering questions from less experienced staff, and training less experienced staff.
• Escalate extreme problems to senior IT staff, or third-party vendors, as needed
• Follow detailed technical documentation and standard operating procedures to perform various responsibilities
• Assist in defining and developing detailed technical documentation and Standard Operating Procedures to perform various responsibilities, enabling junior technicians and others to perform their duties as well.
• Identify opportunity for process improvements targeting improved customer service and organizational efficiency
• Function as a team member on assigned projects
• Other duties as required.
Desired Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
• 2-year technical degree, MCITP or similar certification, or 2-4 years' work experience in Network Admin type role with increasing responsibility
• Experience with multiple software technologies: ex: Windows XP/Vista/7, MS Office, MS Windows Server 2003/2008/R2
• Excellent knowledge and experience with: Active Directory, Group Policy, Distributed File Services, Exchange Server 2003/2007/2010
• Experience with Dell hardware: laptops, desktops, servers, SAN/NAS devices
• Experience troubleshooting network/telecommunications problems
• Experience with Cisco Switches and SonicWALL devices is desired
• Experience with backup software
• Windows PowerShell scripting experience preferred
• Excellent verbal, written, phone, and interpersonal skills
• Proven strong analytic / problem-solving skills
• Ability to work in a fast paced high volume work environment
• Dependable, flexibility to work weekends and holidays, as needed
• Ability to be on-call, as needed.
• Work independently under minimal supervision
• Must be able to sit for prolonged periods of time in front of a computer. Must be able to perform physical activities (lifting heavy equipment up to 50lbs unassisted, bending, standing, climbing, or walking)
• Must possess valid (Class C) Driver's license, with a good driving record.
• Must be able to pass necessary background checks.
• Position supports multi state business units. Occasional travel is required.
• Competitive wage
• Paid Time Off (PTO)
• Life Insurance/AD&D
To apply, send resumes via this posting with "Network Admin_Sacramento" on the subject line.
Pre-employment drug screen and criminal background check required.
SEFNCO participates in E-Verify and E-Screen.
NO CALLS OR RECRUITERS, please!
SEFNCO is an Equal Opportunity Employer
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers