compensation: This position pays $30/hr+ depending on experience and skillset.
employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
WHAT WE DO:
GNT Solutions is a local Managed IT Service provider that supports businesses mainly in the Sacramento region. At GNT Solutions, service is always first; we strive to create an outstanding service experience for our clients.
IS IT YOU?:
We are looking for an experienced Senior Systems Engineer that shares our passion for client service. We ask that you have 2+ years of experience working in a senior support role. In addition to having a solid technical foundation, a sense of humor combined with a positive attitude and top-notch customer service skills is a must!
You will be responsible for:
· Diagnosing and resolving advanced technical hardware and software issues
· Advising GNT Solutions staff, management, and clients on technical issues
· Acting as a liaison with vendor representatives when resolving software and hardware problems
· Providing onsite and remote technical assistance to clients
· Researching new technology and implementing it or recommending its implementation
· Researching questions using available information resources
· Logging all customer interactions in ConnectWise and follow all standard procedures, including documenting resolutions
· Serving as an escalation point for situations requiring urgent attention as needed
· Researching, testing, and verifying proper functioning of software patches and fixes
· Willing to learn and obtain the latest technical and professional skills available
· Troubleshooting advanced server issues; performance, slowness, lockups, etc.
· Planning the installation and implementation of new hardware and software
· Diagnosing system emergencies when they arise and persevere to resolution
· Performing routine travel and other tasks as required
Technology Experience (Ideally you will have 2+ yrs experience with many of these):
· Windows 7 (and up) - must be able to perform advanced troubleshooting
· Microsoft Server Administration - all versions
· Office 365 Administration - multiple applications
· Microsoft Exchange Server - all versions
· Microsoft SQL Server
· Hyper-V / VMware experience in a senior capacity
· Backup administration
You should have advanced knowledge of these networking concepts:
· Setting up firewalls, configuring rules, site-to-site VPNs
· IP addressing, subnet masks, and VLANs
· DHCP, DNS, NAT
WHAT WE OFFER:
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS:
· We pay well. This position pays $30+/hr. To keep staff developing and incentivize exceptional performance, we review staff members twice a year. On average, staff members have the potential to receive a 5%-10% annual increase.
· We offer medical, dental and vision plans to employees at no cost.
· We provide employees with a great retirement plan and matching contributions.
· All employees are eligible for our generous PTO plan that begins to accrue immediately.
· We promote based on performance, which means passion and dedication determines growth.
· We prioritize the development of our teammates by encouraging them to engage in a variety of tasks and hold a range of responsibilities.
· We encourage our team to grow their knowledge of technology by promoting development opportunities.
Our office is fun and energetic. Think about a day at GNT, in-between support calls with some of the most prominent companies in the area, you will experience Nerf bullets flying around while we wait for the next dart tournament to start. Everyone here is treated as equals. We don't focus on who is supposed to do what. We instead focus on how we can help each other to make not only GNT Solutions succeed, but the companies we support thrive.
OK, now down to the details:
You will be subject to a background check and drug screening since you will be dealing with sensitive client information at times. You should also have reliable transportation and proof of insurance since driving is a part of this position.
Please include a brief cover letter about yourself and why you are the right person for this position. We want to hear from you why you think you would be successful here. We're not asking for the standard cover letter. We want your authentic voice and your personality to come through. Tell us your story.
Apply online here: https://gnt-solutions.breezy.hr/p/44bfc80ddf70-senior-systems-engineer/apply
We look forward to hearing from you!