Murphy's Magic Supplies, Inc. is the largest wholesaler of magic tricks, books and DVDs on magic as well as other magic supplies in the world. We have a full-time opening for a talented Editor/Cinematographer now available at our Rancho Cordova studio to help us craft cinematic commercials. We are seeking a highly skilled video ninja with experience behind a camera and inside an editing room with an ability to craft a vision into something extraordinary.
Here are the position’s essential duties and responsibilities:
- Storyboards, shoots, and edits trailers for products
- Will be a creative eye behind camera as well as operate a camera for productions
- Will work with the product development team to outline shoots, draft shot lists, and create a script before production begins.
- Assembling, striking and maintaining the studio set and equipment
- Will create motion graphics, titles, and graphical artwork as needed.
- Will develop a variety of new video products in the digital space
Here are the required skills/attributes:
- Strong knowledge of lighting and using different types of lighting gear to achieve a desired look.
- Strong knowledge of color correction.
- Strong sense of audio timing and usage of music to build effect.
- Understanding how to create dynamic camera action.
- Understanding of short-form narrative structure.
- Understanding of codecs and varying compression types.
- Strong interpersonal skills with an aptitude to work alone
- Ability to self-organize tasks efficiently and effectively
- Ability to work with sometimes tight time constraints
- Extremely skilled in Adobe Premiere and Adobe After Effects
- Love of magic is a big plus
The general hours are from 8AM – 5PM Monday through Friday.
For a small firm, we have a big benefits package. We offer medical plans through Kaiser and Western Health Advantage and dental benefits through Delta Dental. (The company pays 100% of the employee-only premiums.) We initially offer seven days of accrued vacation annually, sick leave, a Simple IRA, paid holidays and wholesale pricing on what we sell. We are committed to a drug-free workplace.
Here are some of the projects we have crafted in the past.
If you’ve seen our work and think you can hit the ground running, we’d love to hear from you! Send us your reel and resume to the reply button at the top of this page and let’s talk! No phone calls or walk-ins please.
Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers