compensation: per union contract employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Under limited supervision, troubleshoots, locates and diagnoses problems with mobile equipment. Removes, repairs and reinstalls components such as engines, transmissions, differentials, brakes and starters. The Heavy Duty Repairmen will have a proficient understanding of how to perform a bit inspection and know the out-of-service criteria rules. May have to troubleshoot and repair vehicle(s) that could be offsite and are carrying a load of material that could expire if equipment is not quickly returned to running condition. May fabricate parts. Performs general maintenance repair on mobile equipment fleet. The mechanic will use hoists, cranes, forklifts and hand tools such as wrenches and ratchets to perform his customary duties. If the employee is trained to use a welder, he will use welding tools also to perform his duties.
This is an hourly, non-exempt Union position. Hours may vary.
II. GENERAL WORK AREA LOCATION
The employees department is based out of the Napa Shop in Napa, CA. Employee will be stationed out of the Elk Grove Ready Mix plant and will also be required to travel to other plant locations. Work will mostly be performed outside.
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
1. Employee is required to observe all Company, MSHA and OSHA safety standards and rules.
2. Employee must report all injuries as soon as possible after occurrence to his/her supervisor or Industrial Relations.
3. Safety gear must be worn by all employees as necessary, including at hard hat when in production areas
4. Must possess a current California driver license and clean DMV (2 points or less)
5. This position is considered a safety sensitive position and will be required to participate in the random drug/alcohol testing pool
Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
1. Must communicate clearly in English, both verbally and in writing
2. Be an independent thinker and have the ability to work alone
3. Dependability and good follow-through are critical for this position
4. Usually required to stand on feet all day
5. Must be able to read and understand manuals
6. Air brake experience and a working knowledge of the 121 brake inspection procedures
7. Must assemble complex parts from diagrams and instructions
8. Journeyman level mechanical abilities and knowledge
This is a union position. Candidates will need to be members of the Operating Engineers union or be willing to join