Syar Concrete LLC, a wholly owned subsidiary of Syar Industries, Inc., supplies its customers with high quality readymix concrete products through its ten readymix batch plants in strategic locations from the northern San Francisco Bay area to the Sacramento region. With its dedicated professionals, Syar Concrete utilizes the most modern concrete mixer truck fleet in the business, state-of-the art GPS based central dispatching, and cutting edge computerized plant controls. The company's experienced sales, operations, and quality control staffs have the goal to provide the customer with the best construction materials available in the timeliest manner possible through outstanding customer service.
The Ready Mix Truck Driver is a craft position represented by the Teamsters. The Ready Mix Driver is covered under the Department of Transportation guidelines as s/he operates heavy trucks on highway. The Driver delivers material to construction job sites which may include steep, windy roads and unstable ground. This position is one of the most complex driver jobs as the up to 38,000 pound payload truck has a rotating drum that may cause the balance of the truck to be off center in some situations. The position involves, but is not limited to, the following tasks and duties:
· Performs pre-use safety inspection on equipment and completes required documentation.
· Climbs into truck cab the first step is 20" on the driver's side and 22" on the passenger side , average times to climb in and out is 40 times a day
· Drives truck under plant to be loaded with ready mix concrete.
· Drives to hosing area to check the load, hose down the truck and verify slump is correct for each job.
· Maintains correct slump until delivery to customer is completed.
· Drives on highway to job site, sometimes negotiating difficult road conditions and obstacles to delivery of material.
· On job site obstacles to look for slippery muddy ground, stepping over obstacles
· Unloads concrete by manipulating levers or switches to release the material. May use up to 3 chutes to deliver material to correct location. These chutes weigh approximately empty 52 pounds , driver may have to carry chute approximately 27 to 39 feet, 5 to 10 times per day
· Cleans excess concrete from truck and chutes using water hose attached to a self-contained water tank on the truck( weighing 21 pounds empty and up to 100lbs after wash down)
· Total height of ladder up the side of truck, the first rung is 16" with a total of 8 rungs 12" apart which could be climbed an average of 40 times a day.
· Work Hours could be up to 16 hours per DOT regulations and customer demands with 10 hours between shifts
· At the end of each day, driver thoroughly cleans mixer, chutes and truck at the washing bay.
· Conducts safety inspection on truck and prepares it for the next day.
The hours of work for this position are varied as deliveries are scheduled from early morning until the end of the pour, which could be well into the night. Work is usually Monday through Friday, with frequent Saturdays that are optional for the employee. This is a non exempt position.
This position may work out any of the following locations Davis/Dixon, Woodland, Rio Linda, Cameron Park, Lincoln, Elk Grove
Employee must possess a Class A or Class B California Driver License and a tank vehicle endorsement.
Employee may have no more than 2 points on his/her DMV record.
Willing to join the Teamsters