Full-Stack Developer Wanted for Employee-Owned Company
Our team at Wholesale Solar is launching an ambitious new project to leverage the latest cloud based applications and services to streamline our sales, ecommerce, purchasing, and warehouse operations.
We are looking for experienced, passionate, and talented data integrators and software engineers to innovate and automate in the rapidly growing market of solar energy. The goal will be to migrate from our on-site legacy information systems onto the latest cloud and data technologies.
This is a hands-on position where you will do everything from designing and building extremely stable system integrations to formulating strategy for our long-term technical infrastructure. You'll possibly be mentoring other technical resources and working with highly talented peers to achieve amazing results. You need to not only be a top software developer with excellent programming skills and an understanding of complex business data but also excel at leadership and obsess over customer satisfaction.
This role will specialize in all aspects of business operations related technology. The role will span modeling data and creating new data structures, to building microservices using serverless stacks such as Amazon Lambda and Google Cloud Functions. There will also be legacy information systems that will require you to get under the hood. These key legacy systems are what make our business hum - our job is to take them to the cloud and make them purr!
- Create and develop best practices in data processing, automation, and application interfaces: data integrity, test design, validation, and documentation
- Create and develop microservices that serve as a data integration hub between multiple cloud and on-site based services
- Translation of existing legacy functional and technical requirements into detailed architecture, data, and system design
- Delivering systems and data models with top-notch quality, on time
- Stay current on data technologies to keep pace with the rapidly changing field, and work with the team in bringing new technologies on board
- Experience with new school software development technologies. Tweaking your dotfiles should be a high priority. Waiting for java to compile should drive you nuts.
- Experience in architecting, designing, and building information systems (this would include large websites as well).
- Expertise in SQL, SQL tuning, and ETL development
- Strong customer focus
- Experience with Ecommerce/Consumer focused websites (Server and Client side)
- Experience with using/building REST based APIs as a means to integrate and automate information systems
- Experience with Data Warehousing and System Integrations
- Experience with DevOps methodologies in a cloud environment
- Experience with cloud based systems and infrastructure: SaaS (CRM, Helpdesk, BI, etc) and PaaS (AWS, Google, Azure)