compensation: Based on Experience employment type: full-time
QR Code Link to This Post
Web Application Developer
This position is located in Davis, CA.
The Statewide IPM Program reports to the UC Vice President for Agriculture and Natural Resources (ANR). The unit develops and administers programs in integrated pest management extension through a communications unit and Cooperative Extension advisors that develop informational products for print, Web and a pesticide safety training program.
This position primarily serves as a web application programmer. Using industry standard programming tools and techniques to deliver a desktop and mobile experience that will help guide users to relevant integrated pest management content. This full-stack developer position will participate in analyzing, recommending, designing and developing these applications from concept through coding, testing, and implementation. Major emphasis is on the responsive front- and back-end web application development that can be used on all major devices and platform.
As part of the Production and Information Technology team, this position's responsibilities include:
• Develop RESTful web services and complex SQL queries to retrieve and expose data.
• Work with key stakeholders to gather, analyze and translate pest management outreach materials requirements into functional and technical specifications.
• Write, maintain, enhance and adhere to established functional and technical specifications. Write and maintain documentation for end-users and application code.
• Develop process maps, prototypes, wireframe and/or mockups to present functional designs, business processes and proof-of-concept.
• Provide mentorship, training and troubleshooting support to programmers.
This position will promote, in all ways consistent with the other responsibilities of the position, accomplishment of the Affirmative Action goals established by the Division.