Jivaldi, LLC (www.jivaldi.com) is looking for a Front End Developer / Project Lead. The idea candidate for this position:
- would be comfortable tackling a Shopify or Wordpress build from the ground up.
- at ease working alone with minimal supervision to complete the project.
- is comfortable with front-end work but has the ability to tackle some custom programming as needed.
Jivaldi has been in business 20 years in a Digital Marketing industry that hasn't been around much longer. We're are looking for a strong virtual Developer (yes, telecommute) to join our Team.
We understand that many developers are more comfortable with a defined set of responsibilities (coding) and usually prefer to avoid any communication, coordination or items that fall outside of writing code. In reality everyone at a digital agency wear several hats - which can be tedious. We only ask that this person is willing to be a part of the proper scoping and management of the deliverables and timeline.
As a 1099 contractor, you are free to get up in the morning at any time you wish, determine when you would like to work on the project, where you work on the project and when you want to take days off. Jivaldi understands this and supports virtual players as long as they adhere to some fundamental principles. Our only two requests are:
- Mind your quote. (if something takes you 30 minutes, don't charge 2 hours for it)
- Finish on time. (A deadline of Friday at 5pm does not equal the following Tuesday at 11pm)
Bonus areas / abilities:
- Works within Slack or other task or other needed tools.
- Wordpress or Shopify Theme development.
- Wordpress or Shopify App development.
Before you get too excited about working in your underwear, please review all our points below. Also note that we are NOT looking for any overseas development at this time. Instead, we're looking for someone close by in the Bay Area or Sacramento area. If you are cool, reasonable and a good commnicator and can be effective in a virtual environment we'd like to chat!
Special attention will be given to candidates that:
- Have specific skill sets within Wordpress or Shopify (App development..etc)
- Understands the basics of SEO and how code, content, linking, page speed and other details can affecst Search performance
- Have a great attitude
- Can hit the deck running.
- Live in the Sacramento Area (or Bay Area)
- Bring unique experience to the table.
We've been exploring the Internet landscape as a digital agency for nearly two decades. This time frame has seen us in creative roles, development only roles and also leading a company's entire marketing efforts. We're well versed in all things Intenet and can design and build things from scratch. More recently, we've focused within the ecommerce realm (as Shopify Experts) and find ourselves quite comfortable working within a role that has us focusing on buying behaviors, conversion and driving traffic and revenue. In this role we need good, smart and fast people that understand the big picture as well as code. We're hoping to bring aboard a new Team member soon who can both code and undertstand user behavior.
Please send a PDF Resume along with some information about yourself and why you are a good fit. If you don't like standard resumes, send some kind of meaningful breakdown and/or examples of your skill sets with a short email introducing yourself (tell us something unique about yourself beyond the computer!) along with your hourly rates and availability.